Are you looking forward to the wedding planning process? Here are five things that you should know before you get started!
You Need To Get Organized
If you are in charge of the wedding planning process, you should have a system that will help you keep track of important information about your wedding day. Here are a few things that you can do to get organized:
- Set a realistic budget that you will be able to stick to.
- Create a wedding planning binder with separate tabs for your venue, guests, wedding coordinator, additional vendors, and financial information.
- Use a wedding planning checklist to cross off tasks that you have already completed.
You’ll Need Help
There are so many things that you will have to keep track of, and your wedding vendors can take on some of those responsibilities for you. Here are a few people that you should work with:
- You should hire a day-of-the-wedding coordinator to handle the logistics on your wedding day.
- You should hire a professional photographer and/or videographer to record your ceremony for posterity.
- You should hire a florist for your wedding, even if their only responsibility is to create your bouquet and your fiancé’s boutonnière.
- You should hire a caterer, wedding cake designer, and band/DJ if you are going to have a large reception.
You Should Book Your Venue ASAP
It doesn’t matter whether you’re getting married in a cathedral or our Las Vegas wedding chapel: you should reserve your wedding venue before you pay for your vendors, travel arrangements, and entertainment. Here are a few reasons why you should book your venue as soon as possible:
- Most wedding venues are reserved for weeks in advance, which will make a last minute reservation difficult (and expensive) for you and your loved ones.
- If you’re looking at Las Vegas wedding chapels, you can choose a wedding package that will include a wedding coordinator, photographer, florist, and officiate.
You Don’t Have To Do Everything
Every wedding is unique, and you have the right to change some of the long standing traditions that other couples have included in their ceremonies. Here are a few things that you can do to make your wedding day an affair to remember:
- Choose a theme that has played an important role in your relationship (for example, you could have a beach theme if you got engaged in Hawaii or a fairytale theme if you met playing Dungeons and Dragons).
- Bring traditions from your personal heritage into your ceremony (like bagpipes, henna, or your grandmother’s wedding mantilla).
- Get rid of customs that don’t hold any meaning for you, and replace them with memories that you and your guests will cherish forever (for example, you could have your father and your step-father walk you down the aisle if you want to honor both of the men who raised you
It’s All About Your Love Story
When you’re arguing with your caterer or paying for last-minute alterations, you may lose sight of what is really important. You and your fiancé are going to spend the rest of your lives together, and all of the work that you put into the wedding planning process will be worth it when you walk down the aisle!
Mon Bel Ami Wedding Chapel is the perfect place for you to tie the knot in style! Contact us at 866.503.4400 to learn more about our venue, services, and wedding packages.